Welcome to the Ideastream Public Media Careers information page! From time to time, we have full- or part-time job openings for new positions, for existing jobs that need to be filled, and for paid internships. On such occasions, detailed announcements of all current openings are listed on this page. Instructions for application to these opportunities are noted within each posting. We hope you will spend a few minutes getting to know more about us below. If you have any questions about our organization or career opportunities, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity, Equity and Belonging is one of our core values, wherein we seek and incorporate the myriad diverse perspectives and lived experiences of our users, staff, board, and communities into all aspects of our work.
Facts About Ideastream Public Media
- We are a multiple media organization home to Ohio’s largest NPR, PBS and classical radio stations.
- We are headquartered in Cleveland, with our Ohio Government Television and Statehouse News Bureau offices based in Columbus.
- Our primary service area covers 22 counties of Northeast Ohio, with service to the entire state through our Columbus-based operations.
- We employ a combination of 150 full-time and part-time mission-driven, talented, diverse, creative, experienced and dedicated individuals from across Ohio.
- We offer a rich benefits program that includes medical coverage, a 403(b) plan with an employer match, paid time off, hybrid work schedules and much more.
- We strive to improve diversity, equity and inclusion across our organization. Some of our efforts include:
- Working with Buffalo Toronto Public Media, Detroit Public Television, and WQED in Pittsburgh on the Public Media Workforce Collaborative to provide DEI-centered management training, develop new methods to engage all staff on programs, policies and practices and attract more diverse candidates to our open positions.
- Providing paid internship opportunities for personal and professional development to those looking to enter the workforce or make changes in their career.
- Diversifying the sources we use in our stories and auditing our work to make sure we’re improving those efforts continuously.
- Our editorial staff routinely wins national, state and local awards for their outstanding journalism and content creation.
- Staff interests and outside-of-work hobbies include playing in bands, singing in choirs, hiking in the Metroparks, writing novels, training dogs, baking, gardening, stand-up comedy and many more.
Ideastream Public Media is an equal opportunity employer; women, minorities, people with disabilities, veterans, and others are all welcome in our diverse workplace.